I am honored to present my first guest post and is by Jenny from Embellishing Life.
Jenny has an Etsy shop with very cute handmade party supplies
and hosts a blog which she named 'Embellishing Life with handmade goodness'.
Today she brings us a tutorial on our blog for these cute Mickey Mouse invitations she created...
Looking to make Mickey Mouse invitations for a birthday party?
Here are step-by-step directions to make your own:
You will need:
- white card stock
- black card stock
- red card stock
- white buttons
- adhesives - glue stick & glue dots
- cutting tools - scissors & circle cutter
1. Start by getting a Mickey head template for your invite. I just googled "Mickey head template." You'll get lots of images to choose from. Print out the template of your choice.
2. Trace on black card stock and cut out with scissors.
1. Next print your invitation text on white card stock. Fit as many as you can on one sheet (waste less :)
2. Use a circle cutter to cut out the text so it fits on your Mickey head. If you don't have a circle cutter you can use a small round dish or cup.
3. Use glue stick to adhere to Mickey's head.
1. Using the red card stock trace around the bottom of your Mickey head. Cut out and use as a template to cut the rest out.
2. Glue the edges of two red half circles together to make red pocket.
3. Use glue dots to attach buttons to pocket. (I think they work the best for holding buttons on)
Now you have an adorable Mickey invitation for your party!
Make sure you visit Jenny's shop for handmade cupcake toppers too!